Best Practice: Successful social media strategy is to grow an online community of people who value what is posted & connect with your brand.
Today’s Article: Start Planning August’s 1st Week Social Media Posts Today: 7 Strategies and 22 Ideas to Creating a Successful Post
Social Media Goal: grow an engaged loyal online community so when they are ready to buy they think of you and when their friends are ready to buy they think of you.
Audience: Select your primary audience – Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Business to Government (B2G)
7 Strategies for A Successful Social Media Campaign
1. Provide Value to Your Online Community
2. Be Consistent: once a month, week or day
3. Provide content that is fresh, relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful.
4. Include an image that is eye-catching
5. Your audience is not only the viewer but their friends. Provide content that can be liked and shared. You want people to follow you and add friends.
6. Keep it Simple: you have seconds to connect
7. Avoid a Big Mistake in Social Media: Primary focus on selling your company products and services. The first part of advertising is “ad”. The first part of social media is “social”. Think like a publisher not a sales manager. You are wanting to build an engaged loyal online community.
August’s First Week Theme Ideas:
- 1 Raspberry Cream Pie Day* (Idea: have people share their favorite recipe)
- 1 Girlfriends Day (Idea: good reason to get together or reach out to one)
- 1 Minority Donor Awareness Day (Idea: have people share a donor success story)
- 1 Respect for Parents Day (Idea: reach out to your parents today and thank them)
- 2 Ice Cream Sandwich Day* (Idea: appreciation day – treat employees or customers to one)
- 2 Coloring Book Day* (Idea: take time today to stimulate your creativity)
- 2 Night Out Day* (Idea: highlight community-police awareness programs in your area)
- 3 Watermelon Day* (Idea: appreciation day – treat employees or customers to slice)
- 3 Grab Some Nuts Day* (Idea: remind people that nuts make a great healthy snack)
- 4 Chocolate Chip Cookie Day* (Idea: have people share their favorite recipe)
- 4 Coast Guard Day (Idea: recognize people who serve or have served)
- 5 Underwear Day (Idea: retailers sponsor a sale)
- 5 Oyster Day* (Idea: have people share their favorite recipe)
- 5 Summer Olympics Being in Rio (Idea: reminder to check out the events today)
- 5 Work Like a Dog Day (Idea: recognize and thank the people who go the extra mile)
- 6 Disc Golf Day* (Idea: try out a new outdoor activity this month)
- 6 Jamaican Patty Day* (Idea: have people share their favorite “turnover style pastry” recipe)
- 6 Root Beer Float Day* (Idea: appreciation day – treat employees or customers to float)
- 6 Fresh Breath Day* (Idea: have people share their best tip for fresh breath)
- 6 Wiggle Your Toes Day* (Idea: Let your toes breath today – wear sandals, flip-flops, go bare foot)
- 6 Mead Day* (Idea: have people share their favorite “honey wine”)
- 6 Mustard Day (Idea: have people share their favorite mustard or recipe using mustard)
Clue: In creating a post, look for a fun fact, trivia, statistic, quotation or ways to make a positive difference. Always match to an eye-catching image.
* Note: If you have a retail or restaurant business, this could be a special day to highlight this product or add to the menu.
Action Step: To grow the company brand, what is one or more content ideas that are relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful that can be posted the first week in August.
August has 31 days. Each week in August we will share themes to help you create posts for August. Start creating your future posts today.
Next Brand Post: How to Use Brand Best Practices to Launch and Grow Your Brand
Continuous Improvement: Best way to grow your brand, is follow a Brand RSS (Rich Site Summary) with 2-3 brand best practices each week delivered to your computer to make it easy to implement a continuous improvement program.
Sign up here: Brand Door RSS Feed
Your brand is your handle. The handle that opens the door to your business, its products and services. Brand Door is always open to you. “Easy access to expert branding”