Best Practice: Successful social media strategy is to grow an online community of people who value what is posted & connect with your brand.
Today’s Article: Start Planning August’s 3rd Week Social Media Posts Today: 7 Strategies and 17 Ideas to Creating a Successful Post
Social Media Goal: grow an engaged loyal online community so when they are ready to buy they think of you and when their friends are ready to buy they think of you.
Audience: Select your primary audience – Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Business to Government (B2G)
7 Strategies for A Successful Social Media Campaign
1. Provide Value to Your Online Community
2. Be Consistent: once a month, week or day
3. Provide content that is fresh, relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful.
4. Include an image that is eye-catching
5. Your audience is not only the viewer but their friends. Provide content that can be liked and shared. You want people to follow you and add friends.
6. Keep it Simple: you have seconds to connect
7. Avoid a Big Mistake in Social Media: Primary focus on selling your company products and services. The first part of advertising is “ad”. The first part of social media is “social”. Think like a publisher not a sales manager. You are wanting to build an engaged loyal online community.
August’s Third Week Theme Ideas:
14 Spirit of ’45 Day (Idea: honors the can-do attitude of World War II – focus on what you can do)
14 Creamsicle Day* (Idea: appreciation day – treat employee or customers to a creamsicle)
15 Relaxation Day* (Idea: take some time today and relax you have earned it)
15 Lemon Meringue Pie Day* (Idea: have people share their favorite recipe)
16 Tell a Joke Day (Idea: find a good joke and share it today)
16 Roller Coaster Day (Idea: share your favorite roller coastal story)
16 Airborne (Idea: recognize and celebrate the people who have serviced in airborne)
16 Rum Day* (Idea: have people share their favorite recipe using rum)
17 I LOVE My Feet Day!* (Idea: treat your feet today to a soak, massage or pedicure)
17 Thrift Shop Day* (Idea: check out a thrift shop today or donate to one)
18 Fajita Day* (Idea: have people share their place to get a fajita)
18 Mail Order Catalog Day* (Idea: have people share their favorite mail order catalog)
18 Ice Cream Pie Day* (Idea: have people share their favorite recipe)
19 Aviation Day (Idea: have people share their favorite aviation story)
19 Soft Ice Cream Day* (Idea: appreciation day – treat employee or customers to a creamsicle)
20 Radio Day* (Idea: have people share their favorite radio station)
20 Chocolate Pecan Pie Day* (Idea: have people share their favorite recipe)
Clue: In creating a post, look for a fun fact, trivia, statistic, quotation or ways to make a positive difference. Always match to an eye-catching image.
* Note: If you have a retail or restaurant business, this could be a special day to highlight this product or add to the menu.
Action Step: To grow the company brand, what is one or more content ideas that are relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful that can be posted the third week in August.
August has 31 days. Each week in August we will share themes to help you create posts for August. Start creating your future posts today.
Next Brand Post: What is Branding?
Continuous Improvement: Best way to grow your brand, is follow a Brand RSS (Rich Site Summary) with 2-3 brand best practices each week delivered to your computer to make it easy to implement a continuous improvement program.
Sign up here: Brand Door RSS Feed
Your brand is your handle. The handle that opens the door to your business, its products and services. Brand Door is always open to you. “Easy access to expert branding”