Best Practice: Successful social media strategy is to grow an online community of people who value what is posted & connect with your brand.
Today’s Article: Start Planning February’s 1st Week Social Media Posts Today: 7 Strategies and 10 Tips to Creating a Success Post
Social Media Goal: grow an engaged loyal online community so when they are ready to buy they think of you and when their friends are ready to buy they think of you.
Audience: Select your primary audience – Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Business to Government (B2G)
7 Strategies for A Successful Social Media Campaign
1. Provide Value to Your Online Community
2. Be Consistent: once a month, week or day
3. Provide content that is fresh, relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful.
4. Include an image that is eye-catching
5. Your audience is not only the viewer but their friends. Provide content that can be liked and shared. You want people to follow you and add friends.
6. Keep it Simple: you have seconds to connect
7. Avoid a Big Mistake in Social Media: Primary focus on selling your company products and services. The first part of advertising is “ad”. The first part of social media is “social”. Think like a publisher not a sales manager. You are wanting to build an engaged loyal online community.
February First Week Theme Ideas:
1 National Freedom Day (Idea: promote good feelings, harmony, and equal opportunity).
2 Groundhog Day (Idea: post the groundhog prediction: spring or 6 more weeks of winter).
4 Thank a Mailman Day (Idea: recognize and thank those at work or home that handle the mail.)
5 National Weatherman’s Day (Idea: highlight interesting ways to get weather info)
6 Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day (Idea: serve ice cream at work or to customers)
6 Lame Duck Day (Idea: recognize employees who are retiring)
7 Wave All you Fingers at Your Neighbor Day (Idea: opportunity to take time to connect with your employees and customers)
7 Send a Card to a Friend Day (Idea: sources for e-cards and send one to your employees and customers)
7 Superbowl Sunday (Idea: share and poll favorite Superbowl foods or recipe)
Clue: In creating a post, look for a fun fact, trivia, statistic, quotation or ways to make a positive difference. Always match to an eye-catching image.
Action Step: To grow the company brand, what is one or more content ideas that are relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful that can be posted the first week in February.
February has 29 days. Each week in January we will share themes to help you create posts for February. Start creating your future posts today.
Next Brand Post: Make Sure your Website is Mobile-friendly for Google Search Results
Your brand is your handle. The handle that opens the door to your business, its products and services. Brand Door is always open to you. “Easy access to expert branding”