Best Practice: Successful social media strategy is to grow an online community of people who value what is posted & connect with your brand.
Today’s Article: Start Planning June’s 5th Week Social Media Posts Today: 7 Strategies and 16 Ideas to Creating a Successful Post
Social Media Goal: grow an engaged loyal online community so when they are ready to buy they think of you and when their friends are ready to buy they think of you.
Audience: Select your primary audience – Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Business to Government (B2G)
7 Strategies for A Successful Social Media Campaign
- Provide Value to Your Online Community
- Be Consistent: once a month, week or day
- Provide content that is fresh, relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful.
- Include an image that is eye-catching
- Your audience is not only the viewer but their friends. Provide content that can be liked and shared. You want people to follow you and add friends.
- Keep it Simple: you have seconds to connect
- Avoid a Big Mistake in Social Media: Primary focus on selling your company products and services. The first part of advertising is “ad”. The first part of social media is “social”. Think like a publisher not a sales manager. You are wanting to build an engaged loyal online community
June’s 5th Week Theme Ideas:
26 Beautician’s Day (Idea: reach out today and recognize your favorite beautician)
26 Forgiveness Day (Idea: take action – today is the day to forgive and to be forgiven)
26 Chocolate Pudding Day* (Idea: have people share favorite recipe)
27 Sun Glasses Day* (Idea: today protect your eyes from harmful UV rays)
27 Orange Blossom Day*(Idea: have people share favorite culinary, dessert, drink or tea recipe)
28 Insurance Awareness Day* (Idea: review your insurance for the best coverages and rates)
28 Paul Bunyan Day (Idea: celebrate this legend or today read this story to a child)
29 Camera Day* (Idea have people share favorite photo and camera tip)
29 Hug Holiday (Idea: connect with people today and share a hug)
29 International Mud Day (Idea: enjoy being outside today or sponsor a mud event)
29 Waffle Iron Day* (Idea: have people share favorite waffle recipe)
29 Almond Buttercrunch Day* (Idea: treat employees or customers to one today)
30 Meteor Day (Go out tonight and look for shooting stars or meteors)
30 Social Media Day (Idea: reach out and connect today with customers or potential customers)
30 Bomb Pop Day* (Idea: treat employees or customers to a red, white and blue popsicle today)
30 Handshake Day (Idea: reach out and connect today with customers and potential customers)
* Note: If you have a retail or restaurant business, this could be a special day to highlight this product or add to the menu.
Clue: In creating a post, look for a fun fact, trivia, statistic, quotation or ways to make a positive difference. Always match to an eye-catching image.
Action Step: To grow the company brand, what is one or more content ideas that are relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful that can be posted the fourth week in June.
June has 30 days. Each week in June we will share themes to help you create posts for June. Start creating your future posts today.
Next Brand Post: Successful Branding Continues Into Your Conference Room
Continuous Improvement: Best way to grow your brand, is follow a Brand RSS (Rich Site Summary) with 2-3 brand best practices each week delivered to your computer to make it easy to implement a continuous improvement program.
Sign up here: Brand Door RSS Feed
Your brand is your handle. The handle that opens the door to your business, its products and services. Brand Door is always open to you. “Easy access to expert branding”