Best Practice: Successful social media strategy is to grow an online community of people who value what is posted & connect with your brand.
Today’s Article: Start Planning June’s Social Media Calendar Today: 7 Strategies and 11 Ideas for Creating a Successful Post
Social Media Goal: grow an engaged loyal online community, so when they are ready to buy they think of you and when their friends are ready to buy they think of you.
Audience: Select your primary audience – Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Business to Government (B2G)
7 Strategies for A Successful Social Media Campaign
1. Provide Value to Your Online Community
2. Be Consistent: once a month, week or day
3. Provide content that is fresh, relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful.
4. Include an image that is eye-catching
5. Your audience is not only the viewer but their friends. Provide content that can be liked and shared. You want people to follow you and add friends.
6. Keep it Simple: you have seconds to connect
7. Avoid a Big Mistake in Social Media: Primary focus on selling your company products and services. The first part of advertising is “ad”. The first part of social media is “social”. Think like a publisher not a sales manager.
June’s Month Themes:
Aquarium Month (Idea: have people share an aquarium photo or maintenance tip)
Candy Month (Idea: have people share favorite candy or recipe)
Dairy Month (Idea: have people share favorite dairy product or recipe using dairy)
Fight the Filthy Fly Month (Idea: have people share favorite way to get rid of flies)
Accordion Awareness Month (Idea: have people share favorite accordion music)
Adopt a Cat Month (Idea: have people share their favorite cat photo and promote adoption)
Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month (Idea: have people share favorite fresh fruit or vegetable)
Rose Month (Idea: have people share a their favorite rose photo)
Turkey Lovers Month (Idea: have people share favorite recipe)
June’s Weekly Themes:
Week 1 Fishing Week (Idea: have people share their favorite photo or fishing tip)
Week 2 Email Week (Idea: have people share their favorite business email marketing tip)
Clue: In creating a post, look for a fun fact, trivia, statistic, quote or ways to make a positive difference. Always match to an eye-catching image.
Action Step: To grow the company brand, what is one content idea that is relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful that can be posted in June.
Next Brand Post: Start Planning June’s 1st Week Social Media Posts Today: 7 Strategies and 23 Ideas to Creating a Successful Post
Continuous Improvement: Best way to grow your brand, is follow a Brand RSS (Rich Site Summary) with 2-3 brand best practices each week delivered to your computer to make it easy to implement a continuous improvement program.
Sign up here: Brand Door RSS Feed
Your brand is your handle. The handle that opens the door to your business, its products and services. Brand Door is always open to you. “Easy access to expert branding”