Best Practice: Successful social media strategy is to grow an online community of people who value what is posted and connect with the brand
Today’s Article: Start Planning Your February Social Media Calendar Today: 7 Strategies and 9 Tips to Create a Success Post
Social Media Business Page Goal: grow an engaged loyal online community, so when they are ready to buy they think of you and when their friends are ready to buy they think of you.
Audience: Select your primary audience – Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Business to Government (B2G)
7 Strategies for A Successful Social Media Campaign
1. Provide Value to Your Online Community
2. Be Consistent: once a month, week or daily
3. Provide content that is fresh, relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful.
4. Include an image that is eye-catching
5. Your audience is not only the viewer but their friends. Provide content that can be liked and shared. You want people to follow you and add friends.
6. Keep it Simple: you have seconds to connect
7. Avoid a Big Mistake in Social Media: Primary focus on selling your company products and services. The first part of advertising is “ad”. The first part of social media is “social”. Think like a publisher not a sales manager. You are wanting to build an engaged loyal online community.
February Monthly Themes:
American Heart Month (Idea: health tips or a success story)
Black History Month (Idea: highlight a famous person or interview a local person making a difference)
Canned Food Month (Idea: kickoff a canned food campaign to employees/customers for needy)
Creative Romance Month (Idea: have people share a tip to add romance in a relationship)
Great American Pie Month (Idea: share a recipe and have people share their favorite recipe)
National Cherry Month (Idea: history, types, health benefits, recipe, tips to planting a cherry tree, etc.)
National Children’s Dental Health (Idea: dental tips or support local children dental care access)
National Grapefruit Month (Idea: history, types, health benefits, recipe, etc.)
National Weddings Month (Idea: have people share what made their wedding memorable or unusual)
Clue: In creating a post, look for a fun fact, trivia, statistic, quotation or a way to make a positive difference.
Action Step: To grow the company brand, what is one content idea that is relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful that can be shared in February.
February has 29 days. Each week in January we will share themes to help you create posts for that week in February. Start creating your future posts today.
Next Brand Post: Start Planning February’s 1st Week Social Media Posts Today: 7 Strategies and 10 Tips to Creating a Success Post
Your brand is your handle. The handle that opens the door to your business, its products and services. Brand Door is always open to you. “Easy access to expert branding”