Best Practice: Successful social media strategy is to grow an online community of people who value what is posted & connect with your brand.
Today’s Article: Start Planning August’s 5th Week Social Media Posts Today: 7 Strategies and 9 Ideas to Creating a Successful Post
Social Media Goal: grow an engaged loyal online community so when they are ready to buy they think of you and when their friends are ready to buy they think of you.
Audience: Select your primary audience – Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Business to Government (B2G)
7 Strategies for A Successful Social Media Campaign
1. Provide Value to Your Online Community
2. Be Consistent: once a month, week or day
3. Provide content that is fresh, relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful.
4. Include an image that is eye-catching
5. Your audience is not only the viewer but their friends. Provide content that can be liked and shared. You want people to follow you and add friends.
6. Keep it Simple: you have seconds to connect
7. Avoid a Big Mistake in Social Media: Primary focus on selling your company products and services. The first part of advertising is “ad”. The first part of social media is “social”. Think like a publisher not a sales manager. You are wanting to build an engaged loyal online community.
August’s Fifth Week Theme Ideas:
28 Cherry Turnovers Day * (Idea: appreciation day – treat employee or customers to a turnover)
28 Race Your Mouse Day* (Idea: have fun with your computer mouse today)
29 Chop Suey Day * (Idea: have people share their favorite recipe or restaurant to enjoy it)
29 More Herbs, Less Salt Day* (Idea: fresh herbs are in – use less salt today)
30 Toasted Marshmallow Day* (Invite some friends over and toast some marshmallows)
30 Frankenstein Day (Idea: have people share their favorite Frankenstein movie)
31 Matchmaker Day (Idea: have people share how they found their partner)
31 Diatomaceous Earth Day*(Idea: trivia – 3/4 of the earth’s new oxygen is filtered by this mineral)
31 Trail Mix Day* (Idea: have people share their favorite hiking place or story)
Clue: In creating a post, look for a fun fact, trivia, statistic, quotation or ways to make a positive difference. Always match to an eye-catching image.
* Note: If you have a retail or restaurant business, this could be a special day to highlight this product or add to the menu.
Action Step: To grow the company brand, what is one or more content ideas that are relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful that can be posted the fourth week in August.
Next Brand Post: What is the Cost of Branding or Rebranding?
Continuous Improvement: Best way to grow your brand, is follow a Brand RSS (Rich Site Summary) with 2-3 brand best practices each week delivered to your computer to make it easy to implement a continuous improvement program.
Sign up here: Brand Door RSS Feed
Your brand is your handle. The handle that opens the door to your business, its products and services. Brand Door is always open to you. “Easy access to expert branding”