Best Practice: Successful social media strategy is to grow an online community of people who value what is posted & connect with your brand.
Today’s Article: Start Planning August’s Social Media Calendar Today: 7 Strategies and 7 Ideas for Creating a Successful Post
Social Media Goal: grow an engaged loyal online community, so when they are ready to buy they think of you and when their friends are ready to buy they think of you.
Audience: Select your primary audience – Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Business to Government (B2G)
7 Strategies for A Successful Social Media Campaign
1. Provide Value to Your Online Community
2. Be Consistent: once a month, week or day
3. Provide content that is fresh, relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful.
4. Include an image that is eye-catching
5. Your audience is not only the viewer but their friends. Provide content that can be liked and shared. You want people to follow you and add friends.
6. Keep it Simple: you have seconds to connect
7. Avoid a Big Mistake in Social Media: Primary focus on selling your company products and services. The first part of advertising is “ad”. The first part of social media is “social”. Think like a publisher not a sales manager.
August’s Month Themes: Think of each of these themes and how could you tie it into a post for your business.
Family Fun Month* (Idea: have people share their favorite fun activity, story or photo)
Catfish Month* (Idea: have people share favorite recipe for making catfish)
Eye Exam Month* (Idea: reminder it’s time for an eye exam)
Golf Month* (Idea: have people share their favorite golf course, golf tip, photo or story)
Romance Awareness Month* (Idea: highlight local places for a romantic date)
Water Quality Month* (Idea: share water quality tip(s) during the month)
Picnic Month* (Idea: have an employee picnic or post picnic tip(s) during the month)
* Note: If you have a retail or restaurant business, this could be a special day to highlight this product or add to the menu.
Clue: In creating a post, look for a fun fact, trivia, statistic, quote or ways to make a positive difference. Always match to an eye-catching image.
Action Step: To grow the company brand, what is one content idea that is relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful that can be posted in August.
Next Brand Post: Start Planning August’s 1st Week Social Media Posts Today: 7 Strategies and 22 Ideas to Creating a Successful Post
Continuous Improvement: Best way to grow your brand, is follow a Brand RSS (Rich Site Summary) with 2-3 brand best practices each week delivered to your computer to make it easy to implement a continuous improvement program.
Sign up here: Brand Door RSS Feed
Your brand is your handle. The handle that opens the door to your business, its products and services. Brand Door is always open to you. “Easy access to expert branding”