Best Practice: Successful social media strategy is to grow an online community of people who value what is posted & connect with your brand.
Today’s Article: Start Planning February’s 2nd Week Social Media Posts Today: 7 Strategies and 15 Tips to Creating a Success Post
Social Media Goal: grow an engaged loyal online community so when they are ready to buy they think of you and when their friends are ready to buy they think of you.
Audience: Select your primary audience – Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Business to Government (B2G)
7 Strategies for A Successful Social Media Campaign
1. Provide Value to Your Online Community
2. Be Consistent: once a month, week or day
3. Provide content that is fresh, relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful.
4. Include an image that is eye-catching
5. Your audience is not only the viewer but their friends. Provide content that can be liked and shared. You want people to follow you and add friends.
6. Keep it Simple: you have seconds to connect
7. Avoid a Big Mistake in Social Media: Primary focus on selling your company products and services. The first part of advertising is “ad”. The first part of social media is “social”. Think like a publisher not a sales manager. You are wanting to build an engaged loyal online community.
February Second Week Theme Ideas:
8 Chinese New Years (Idea: celebrate with employees, customers or give back to your community).
8 Clean out Your Computer Day (Idea: reminder to review and delete old files or programs)
8 Kite Flying Day – (Idea: reminder to get outdoors or sponsor a kite flying event)
9 Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday (Idea: celebrate with employees, customers or share a recipe)
9 Toothache Day (Idea: tips for preventing a toothache)
10 Umbrella Day (Idea: history of umbrellas or have people share how an umbrella saved the day) 11 Don’t Cry over Spilled Milk Day (Idea: Share inspiration “I’ve learned that mistakes can often be as good a teacher as success.” – Jack Welch)
11 Make a Friend Day (Idea: the best asset in business/life is a friend – take time to make a new one)
11 White T-Shirt Day (Idea: have a work casual day or share/promote company t-shirt)
12 Abraham Lincoln’s Birthday (Idea: trivia or strengthen the brand by focusing on company trust)
12 Plum Pudding Day (Idea: history of plum pudding or share a favorite recipe)
13 Get a Different Name Day (Idea: share examples of people who successfully changed their name)
14 Ferris Wheel Day (Idea: history or have people share a favorite ferris wheel story)
14 National Organ Donor Day (Idea: have people share a story how it saved a life close to them)
14 Valentine’s Day (Idea: have people share their favorite Valentines story)
Clue: In creating a post, look for a fun fact, trivia, statistic, quotation or ways to make a positive difference. Always match to an eye-catching image.
Action Step: To grow the company brand, what is one or more content ideas that are relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful that can be tied to the second week in February.
February has 29 days. Each week in January we will share themes to help you create posts for February. Start creating your future posts today.
Next Brand Post: Year in Review 2015 – Internal Branding for 2016
Your brand is your handle. The handle that opens the door to your business, its products and services. Brand Door is always open to you. “Easy access to expert branding”