Best Practice: Successful social media strategy is to grow an online community of people who value what is posted & connect with your brand.
Today’s Article: Start Planning March’s 2nd Week Social Media Posts Today: 7 Strategies and 9 Ideas to Creating a Success Post
Social Media Goal: grow an engaged loyal online community so when they are ready to buy they think of you and when their friends are ready to buy they think of you.
Audience: Select your primary audience – Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Business to Government (B2G)
7 Strategies for A Successful Social Media Campaign
1. Provide Value to Your Online Community
2. Be Consistent: once a month, week or day
3. Provide content that is fresh, relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful
4. Include an image that is eye-catching
5. Your audience is not only the viewer but their friends. Provide content that can be liked and shared. You want people to follow you and add friends.
6. Keep it Simple: you have seconds to connect
7. Avoid a Big Mistake in Social Media: Primary focus on selling your company products and services. The first part of advertising is “ad”. The first part of social media is “social”. Think like a publisher not a sales manager. You are wanting to build an engaged loyal online community.
March’s Second Week Theme Ideas:
7 National Crown Roast of Pork Day (Idea: Encourage people to share their favorite pork recipe)
8 International (Working) Women’s Day (Idea: Recognize women in the work place or community)
9 Panic Day (Idea: Promote taking a deep breath, take a walk, go for a run, it will be okay)
10 Middle Name Pride Day (Idea: Encourage people to share the history behind their middle name)
10 Popcorn Lover’s Day (Idea: Have a popcorn party at work or pass out to customers)
11 Johnny Appleseed Day (Idea: Plant a tree today or share favorite apple recipe)
11 Worship of Tools Day (Idea: Promote buying a tool, tool safety, tool repair, gift of a tool)
12 Girl Scouts Day (Idea: Recognize the Girl Scouts in your community)
12 Plant a Flower Day (Idea: Plant a flower today, share flowers at work or with your customers)
Clue: In creating a post, look for a fun fact, trivia, statistic, quotation or ways to make a positive difference. Always match to an eye-catching image.
Action Step: To grow the company brand, what is one or more content ideas that are relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful that can be posted the second week in March.
March has 31 days. Each week in February we will share themes to help you create posts for March. Start creating your future posts today.
Next Brand Post: Launch or Grow Your Brand with SEO Organic Search versus PPC
Continuous Regular Improvement: Best Way to Grow your Brand
RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a simple way to have 2-3 best practices each week delivered to your computer to make it easy to implement a Continuous regular improvement program to grow your brand. Sign up here: Brand Door RSS Feed
Your brand is your handle. The handle that opens the door to your business, its products and services. Brand Door is always open to you. “Easy access to expert branding”