Best Practice: Successful social media strategy is to grow an online community of people who value what is posted & connect with your brand.
Today’s Article: Start Planning March’s Social Media Calendar Today: 7 Strategies and 11 Ideas for Creating a Success Post
Social Media Goal: grow an engaged loyal online community, so when they are ready to buy they think of you and when their friends are ready to buy they think of you.
Audience: Select your primary audience – Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Business to Government (B2G)
7 Strategies for A Successful Social Media Campaign
1. Provide Value to Your Online Community
2. Be Consistent: once a month, week or day
3. Provide content that is fresh, relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful.
4. Include an image that is eye-catching
5. Your audience is not only the viewer but their friends. Provide content that can be liked and shared. You want people to follow you and add friends.
6. Keep it Simple: you have seconds to connect
7. Avoid a Big Mistake in Social Media: Primary focus on selling your company products and services. The first part of advertising is “ad”. The first part of social media is “social”. Think like a publisher not a sales manager.
March Monthly Themes
National Irish American Month (Idea: Want a little extra luck Best Way to Find a 4 Leaf Clover )
Music in Our Schools Month (Idea: recognize a local school for high quality music programs)
National Craft Month (Idea: share a photo of a favorite craft you made or purchased)
National Frozen Food Month (Idea: try a new smoothie this month – share your favorite recipe)
National Nutrition Month (Idea: 2016 theme “Savor the Flavor of Eating Right” Eat healthier today).
National Peanut Month (Idea: trivia – 2 U.S. Presidents that were peanut farmers – Jefferson & Carter)
National Women’s History Month (Idea: recognize local women, check out Women Honored in 2016)
Red Cross Month (Idea: Partner with Red Cross – Make a Difference – Donate your time, blood or funds)
Social Workers Month (Idea: recognize social workers in your community)
2nd Week National Bubble Week (Idea: originated in 2000 to celebrate spring. Go outside today)
2nd Week Crochet Week (Idea: share photo of crocheted item you made or own)
Clue: In creating a post, look for a fun fact, trivia, statistic, quote or ways to make a positive difference. Always match to an eye-catching image.
Action Step: To grow the company brand, what is one content idea that is relevant, interesting, inspiring or helpful that can be posted in March.
Next Brand Post: Start Planning March’s 1st Week Social Media Posts Today: 7 Strategies and 13 Ideas to Creating a Success Post
Continuous Improvement: Best way to grow your brand, is follow a Brand RSS (Rich Site Summary) with 2-3 brand best practices each week delivered to your computer to make it easy to implement a continuous improvement program.
Sign up here: Brand Door RSS Feed
Your brand is your handle. The handle that opens the door to your business, its products and services. Brand Door is always open to you. “Easy access to expert branding”